Normal skin is generally clear, smooth, unblemished and of uniform tone and texture
A reflection of a strong immune system and good overall health, normal skin is characterized by a smooth, soft feel and an unblemished, even-toned look. Pores are small and unblocked, and oil and moisture are well-balanced, giving the skin a dewy, moist but not greasy appearance. Naturally radiant, normal skin’s greatest threat comes from external stressors such as UV exposure, environmental pollutants and poor lifestyle choices.
Normal skin has an even tone, soft, a smooth texture, no visible pores or blemishes, and no greasy patches or flaky areas. This type of skin has a clear, fine-textured, supple and smooth surface which is neither greasy nor dry. It glows with an inner health which stems from good blood circulation and excellent health.
There may be occasional pimples in women just before menstruation due to increased hormonal activity, which makes the sebaceous glands overactive. Acne is, however, not a problem for people with normal skin.
Due to genetics, larger pore size or over reactive skin, it becomes acne prone and break-outs are more common. Age determines whether acne is bacterial, hormonal or hereditary and depending on the severity, consistent tropical care can clear the skin. For stubborn reasons, it is best to visit a dermatologist.
Skin Care for Normal Skin:
• The only care this skin requires is cleaning it twice a day with a mild baby soap and water and toned with something mild, like rose water.
• At night, to keep your skin’s normal moisture- balance apply a thin film of home-made moisturizer.
• Any time your skin becomes slightly oily or slightly dry in any area correct these tendencies by following the advice given regarding these types of skin.
• Follow every cleansing with a mild freshener to keep pores tight and to remove traces of cleanser clinging to the skin. Use an astringent with low alcohol content.
• Avoid direct heat on the face-including that from blow dryers.
• Always use a mild, oil-based moisturizer under makeup to help retain surface moisture.
• Guard against the drying, aging effects of the sun by using makeup products that contain a sunscreen.
• Once every two weeks, stimulate the circulation and smooth the surface of the skin by using a nondrying mask.